22 January 2012

Some Coloring Fun!

Hiya Peeps!

Today, for the first time EVER!  I really took my time and colored this fun image.  It took me 3.5 hours, and I am quite happy with the result. 

I did this for The Paper Shelter DT Call.  I have already entered a card, but really wanted to showcase a image and not a card.  I picked this little girl, which has a lot of hair and plenty of detail!  I love coloring hair but have to admit that this was the first time I got curly locky type of hair to show so much depth and movement!

Here is my colored image:


For a more detailed result, click on the picture to enlarge it.


Details:


I colored her with Copics using the following colors:
Background : BG000, BG09
Skin : E000, E01, E11, R20
Hair : E30, E33, E37, E18
Dress : RV10, RV32, RV34
Ribbon & Shoes : Y11, Y15, YR24
I also used the colorless blender throughout the image


Well that's it from me!


Thank You for looking.


Wendy

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, Wendy! Those 5 hours were well spend. Good luck with your DT application!
    Celestial Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Wendy! =) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh WOW Wendy.........You really have done an awesome job of your coloring!! The depth is great!!! I love details!!! LOL......

    Your new look on your blog is WONDERFUL!!! Love the colors and the design is stunning........
    hugs........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning colouring hun x
    The blog background looks amazing too xx
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! You did such a great job on all those layers in the dress!! I still struggle to show that kind of movement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!