10 April 2011

Glitter Ribbon Card

Hi All!

I hope you've all had a lovely week.  Here in SA the weekends almost over!  At least there's some long weekends coming up next week, that's definitely something to look forward too!!  

I have to tell you all.  You know in the cartoons when they fall forward, the cartoons bounce twice and then come to a landing.  Well,... I fell like that on Friday.  I had on hard shoes (the soles do not flex), walked really fast, kinda stepped into a hole, and went flying!  When I finally did come to landing, I thought I was broken...  Crawled 1m to the fence, hoisted myself up, quickly looked around to see if someone saw me (no one did Thank God!).  And then assessed the damage.  I had "cement burn" on my stomach, and I had lightly sprained my ankle!  As the day progressed, all the muscles in my arms started aching.  I couldn't turn my cars steering wheel it was to painful!  Yesterday, It had felt as if I was hit by a train, so I slept most of the day, and today I feel all better!  My DH just laughed and said falling is my thing!... I do tend to fall a lot....  When something like this happen, what do you do?  Are you angry, do you cry?  I just laugh, 'cause really, what's the point.  You have to be able to laugh at yourself!

Any How!  Here's a card I made this morning :



I am entering into the following challenges :
1.  Anything Goes Challenge blog - Pearls
2.  Flutterby Wednesday - Open
3.  Creative Card Crew - April Showers 
4.  Scrapbook Sisters - Yellow
5.  Crafty Sentiments - Glitter
6.  Aud Sentiments - Card for a child
7.  Craft your passion - anything goes
8.  Paper take weekly - anything goes
9.  Crafts for Eternity - Color recipe
10.  Crafty Calender - April Showers
11.  Fussy and Friday Challenge - Create a card for a child
12.  If the shoe fits! - Spring
13.  Reasonable Ribbon - Use punches, dies and ribbon
14.  Crafty Ann's challenge blog - raise a smile

Thank you all for looking, and I hope you have a wonderful week!!

Hugs,
Wendy

17 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card and an even more "fantastic" tumble you took! I usually swear then cry my eyes out, so I guess I get the best of both worlds!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, both on the outside and on the inside. I love your flowers.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy your card is just gorgeous, love Tilda and your big bow. Poor you after your trip. I would be the same, check to see who caught me lol. Glad you are all better again. Thanks for playing along with us at C4E this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! I love the color combo.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, Thank you for entering into our DT Call over on Anything goes. Good luck in the draw

    Anything goes Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, this card is gorgeous Wendy - I'm glad you're better after your fall now. I have a tendency to fall too so I know how you feel! Hope you don't do it again in a hurry. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card lovely image and i like the papers and colours.Great flowers
    Thanks for joining at fussy and fancy this week
    Tineke

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really lovely card. Thank you for taking part at Creative Card Crew this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy wonderful card I love that lime green colour scheme thank you for joining in at Anything goes
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous!! Love the colors!!! Great card. Thanks for joining the Aud Sentiments challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love what you did with the inside too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning! The choice of colours and the colouring in, is fantastic. Love the ticket and thanks for sharing.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card! Love your colour choice!!

    Hope your feeling back to normal from your fall! I did much the same a few weeks back but i was so embarrassed i got up quicker than i fell!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWZERS - your work is incredibly gorgeous! Such talent girl !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!